Friday, January 11, 2008

How do I turn my lawyer in to State Bar Assoc Chicago? -

My lawyer is in Chicago - what do I do to report him. He has not responded to anything correspondence of mine in a year - phone, mail, fax, and did not sign a certified letter. This is not a lawyer I would bombard or contact constantly - he is my divorce attorney. Divorce is final, but he was trying to get an increase in child support for my son - now another year is lost without support.

I am a personal injury trial lawyer in Atlanta, Georgia. I suggest a two step approach. Step one is send a certified letter to his office quot;Dear xxxx I retained you on x to represent me in my divorce and paid you xxx. I have tried to make contact with you to get an update on my case on xxxxx( list dates and method of contact) To date, you have not responded. I chose you because I felt comfortable with you and hoped you could help. Please do not make me lose my confidence in you.If I do not receive a phone call from you and not your staff by xxx date, I will report you to the Illinois State Bar.quot; If there is no response, fill out the complaint form here https://www.iardc.org/htr_filingarequest... Good luck. I would fire them anyway and get a better lawyer. Best way to tell? Google around, then pick up the phone and set an in person appointment. If they don t have the time for you in person at least once, they will do a crummy job of customer service anyway. Oh one more thing, I don t do divorce work and I don t know anyone in the Chicago area so I cannot make a referral, Sorry. Chris www.christophersimon.com

In Illinois, attorney discipline is handled not by the Bar Association, but by the State Supreme Courts quot;Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commissionquot;. Here https://www.iardc.org/htr_otherinfoprov.... is their website. Richard

You would go to your states Grievance committee and file a Grievance against him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment